'Peach fuzz 'color of the year', how I use peach in my art + our favorite peachy color palettes'
Each year, The Pantone Color Institute selects a shade that they feel will best reflect the color trends in the upcoming year. Pantone’s color of the year for 2024 is ‘peach fuzz’ and as a long time lover of the color peach, I’m all for it.
Peach Fuzz, color of the year 2024 via Pantone
Peach is a delicate orange-y pink color that exudes warmth, softness and playfulness. It’s muted tone makes it the perfect, warm neutral that can play nicely with so many colors. I personally love to use a peach color in my artwork to add a bit of femininity and lightness. I am also and a huge fan of peachy retro/vintage style color palettes.
Peach color wall art inspiration by Pauline Stanley for Rare Bird Co.
Our favorite peach color combinations that go well with peach:
- Peach and green, especially a vintage olive green or pistachio
- Peach and mustard, ochre yellow
- Peach and soft blues and grays
- Peach and fresh creams and whites and neutrals
- Peach and mint or turquoise
- Peach and other colors in the peach family (pink/terracotta/rust)